|Applies To||SecurID token 3.0 for BlackBerry|
Seed Provisioning Helper
|Issue||Troubleshooting Seed Provisioning Helper (SPH)|
1. On the BlackBerry device launch a browser and type the URL for server running SPH.
2. If you can see the status page, verify that it appears on SPH server logs.
3. The above observation confirms that http "get" requests are allowed through firewall.
4. It is important that http "post" requests are allowed through the firewall.
5. If you do not see any messages on SPH server logs:
BlackBerry device networking depends on some configuration settings on the device to permit it to access the carrier?s TCP/IP network. On the device, in Settings ? Options ? Advanced Options ? TCP, there are three fields requiring exact entries (depending on the service provider): APN, Username, and Password. For instance, Cingular/AT&T has one triplet for its BlackBerries as
Though the BlackBerry browser can access the Internet when these parameters are not configured, third-party applications are generally unable to access the Internet without them.
There are a variety of carriers and each one may have one or more sets of these settings ? Cingular/AT&T has two or three different ones, and sometimes you have to check each one to find the one that works for a particular BlackBerry. The following URL seems to have the biggest list of these settings:
The other simple test would be to use the carrier-specific (as opposed to the BlackBerry) browser to hit the internal SPH URL to get the ?Status? page. If it works, that doesn?t tell us much ? but if it doesn?t, that may be an indication that the TCP settings mentioned above are broken.
6. File naming convention examples: It is not necessary to prepend the file name with x-rimdevice string.
Example: firstname.lastname@example.org (Email address must match with the email address defined in BES server for that user)
Another example: 04691.sdtid
7. Refer to SecurID token 3.5.1 for Blackberry Administration guide, for details on sample web.xml file.
|Legacy Article ID||a41749|