Port 5580 connections may be blocked.
- Check if port 5580 TCP is available by telnet'ing to the port. In a command prompt, issue on the Windows Agent machine:
telnet [auth_mgr_hostname] 5580
If a blank screen is shown, then connections are available. If the connection is refused, check if a firewall is blocking connections.
- Ensure that the sdconf.rec being used by the Windows Agent machine is up to date (i.e., not from an older version of Authentication Manager).
On the Authentication Manager machine, go to
Start | All Programs | RSA Security | RSA Authentication Manager Configuration Tools | RSA Authentication Manager Configuration Management
Compare the "OA Download" information with the image below. "5580" should be shown.
- Backup the sdconf.rec on the Windows Agent machine in the %SystemRoot%\system32 (i.e., c:\windows\system32\ or c:\WINNT\system32\)
- copy the sdconf.rec from the [ACE_INSTALL]\data directory on the Authentication Manager machine to the %SystemRoot%\system32 directory
- Reboot the Windows agent machine and retest authentications.