|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server|
UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)
|Issue||Add user to a group in Database Administration|
Find a user with a specific login id for a group activation
Error: "specified login is already a member of this group."
|Cause||Group activation data has been modified so that the login id does not match the users default login|
|Resolution||Do the following:|
1. Start sdadmin.
2. Select Users > List Users.
3. Click on output to a file.
4. Click on "List Users in a Group".
5. Run the report.
6. Search the file for the specific user login.
You will see that the UserID already exists in that group. The reason for this is that a single user can have multiple UserIDs assigned within a group.
This is a normal and supported functionality. You will have to do one of the following:
- Delete the UserID from the group to assign it to a user with a different User
Name than the one currently in the group
- Assign the new user a different UserID.
Two users cannot be assigned to the same group or host with the same UserID.
|Legacy Article ID||1.0.582759.2280318|