|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Archer|
Platform: Microsoft Internet Explorer
|Issue||When IE is in compatibility mode the text is overlay with the dashboard and the actual name of the dashboard making it illegible.|
|Cause||The issue is caused by the removal of the <meta> tag from the header. This was initially put in place to handle compatibility issues with IE9, however those have been addressed and thus there is no need to continue leveraging the tag.|
|Resolution|| There is a way to enforce the use of IE 10 mode(the setting enforced by the <meta> tag previously). Here are the steps to enforce that through IIS: |
1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. In the connections pane, expand the node for the server, and then expand.
3. Click the Web site where you want to add the custom HTTP response header.
4. Click the foundation folder underneath the web site
5. In the middle pane (must have Features View selected at the bottom), double-click on the HTTP Response Headers icon.
6. Under Actions, click Add.
7. In the Name box, type X-UA-Compatible.
8. In the Value box, type IE=10.
9. Click OK.
Chrome and Firefox are not susceptible to these conditions and will ignore the tags entirely.