|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Security Analytics|
RSA Product/Service Type: Security Analytics UI
RSA Version/Condition: 10.4.1
|Issue||After updating to Security Analytics 10.4.1, when attempting to discover a new appliance, "Failed to discover new appliances" may be thrown in the UI, as seen in the example below:|
|Cause||This may occur when an invalid puppet CSR reqest is present. This CSR (or certificate signing request) needs to be manually removed before proceeding with a successful discover.|
|Resolution||To rectify this problem, perform the steps below.|
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article number for further assistance.
- Connect to the Security Analytics Server via SSH as the root user.
- Change directory to the /var/lib/puppet/ssl/ca/requests directory.
- Remove all CSRs present in the directory.
NOTE: It is prudent to check the working directory before beginning as this command removes all contents from the present working directory.
rm -rf *
- Re-provision the appliance which failed to discover. Doing so will initate a new CSR request to the SA server.
- The discover process should now work.