000030009 - Some administrative tasks fail or hang when using the French language pack

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 14, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000030009
Applies To
RSA Product SetSecurID
RSA Product/Service TypeRSA Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition8.1 SP1
PlatformSUSE Enterprise Linux
Platform (Other) 
O/S Version11 SP3
Product Name 
Product DescriptionSecurID Appliance
IssueRSA Authentication Manager Localization Packs are available from URL https://knowledge.rsasecurity.com/scolcms/set.aspx?id=9970 however there is an issue using the real-time authentication activity monitor hanging and the inability to create administrative roles in the Security Console when using the French language. 
CauseSpecial characters were not escaped in the French language pack and this caused a problem in authentication manager when performing some administrative tasks.
ResolutionPlease find a fixed ‘am-i18n-resources-8.1.0.0.0-GM-full_fr.jar’ (641KB) available at URL https://sftp.rsa.com/human.aspx?Username=support&password=Password1&arg01=182781964&arg12=downloaddirect&transaction=signon&quiet=true

IMPORTANT NOTE: If possible please test the new jar file before usage on a production authentication manager instance.

Replacement instructions:

1.DELETE AND REPLACE
   Navigate to the
/opt/rsa/am/appserver/jdk/jre/lib/ext folder using the rsaadmin account. Delete the older am-i18n-resources-8.1.0.0.0-GM-full_fr.jar found in this folder then copy the new fixed version into the /opt/rsa/am/appserver/jdk/jre/lib/ext folder.

NOTE: do not rename the older am-i18n-resources-8.1.0.0.0-GM-full_fr.jar as it must be deleted from the /opt/rsa/am/appserver/jdk/jre/lib/ext folder.
2.STOP AND START AM 8.1
   Stop and start the authentication manager instance after replacing ‘am-i18n-resources-8.1.0.0.0-GM-full_fr.jar’.

Stop command: /opt/rsa/am/server/rsaserv stop all

Start command: /opt/rsa/am/server/rsaserv start all
3.TESTING
   Open the real-time authentication activity monitor in the Security Console and perform some test authentications. Results should be seen in the authentication activity monitor.

In the Security Console create a new administrative role.

Attachments

Outcomes