|Applies To||All Versions|
Web, services, mam, mobile, my, access, troubleshoot, troubleshooting,
RSA Identity and Governance
|Issue||KB-1668 Troubleshooting Web Services|
In the event of an issue with Web Services, the following steps can help to diagnose the problem.
|Resolution||1. On the Admin -> Web Services page, is the "Web Services Interface" On or Off?|
The Web Services Interface must be set to ON to enable the use of Web Services and the mobile app.
2. Validate the command you are attempting to run against the commands listed on the Admin -> Web Services page.
If the command is not listed it is either not available in the release, or it is disabled in the aveksa-plug-ins.xml file (which is located in the plug-ins/name of command handler/aveksa-plug-ins.xml file).
3. Validate the method you used
For example: POST
4. Validate the URL you used
5. Validate the body content you sent
For example: <username>kathy</username><password>Password would go here but please don't include it</password>
In the event that the above has not resolved the issue, please raise a ticket with Aveksa Technical Support. Please provide responses to the following questions along with a comprehensive description of the problem.
1. If the URL includes a token (if you see &token= in the URL), does that token work for other commands?
2. If the URL includes a token, do other tokens work for this command?
3. On the Admin -> Web Services page, what is the complete "list of IPs allowed to invoke web services"?
4. Does the command work if you invoke it from another IP address?
5. Do other commands work?
6. Does the problem occur consistently (every time), or intermittently?
7. If the problem occurs intermittent, is there any distinguishable pattern between successes and failures?
For example: fails every other run, fails at certain times of the day, fails on certain types of actions but not others, etc.
8. Please provide the complete response sent back by the server, including both response header & response body.
9. What version of ACM are you running?
For example: Server Version: 126.96.36.199856, Database Version: 188.8.131.52856, no patches
10. On the Admin / System / Settings page, what are the settings for the web services session?
For example: Session inactivity timeout: 10 minutes, Session lifetime timeout: 120 minutes
11. Does the command work if you invoke it with HTTP (instead of HTTPS)?
Note that certain web services require that you use HTTPS by default. However, this can be disabled if you go to Admin / System and ensure that "Require secure connections" is set to no.
|Legacy Article ID||a66689|