RSA Product Set: Security Analytics
RSA Product/Service Type: Security Analytics UI, Security Analytics Server
RSA Version: 10.4.0.1
|Issue||In the Security Analytics UI, the Event Source Monitoring and System Stats Browser display no data and report the following error:|
"Error connecting to the System Monitoring Service. Check logs for details"
|Cause||This error occurs because the System Monitoring Service is hung and must be restarted.|
|Workaround||In order to resolve the issue,follow the steps below.|
If you are unsure of any of the steps above or experience any issues, contact RSA Support and quote this article number for further assistance.
- Login to the Security Analytics Server via SSH as the root user.
- Issue the commands below to stop the System Monitoring Service and the Jetty web server.
service rsa-sms stop
- Wait at least 30 seconds and then issue the commands below to start the services again.
service rsa-sms start
- Verify that Event Source Monitoring and System Stats Browser are functioning in the Security Analytics UI by navigating to the locations below.
- Administration -> Health & Wellness -> Event Source Monitoring
- Administration -> Health & Wellness -> System Stats Browser