|Applies To||RSA Authentication Manager 7.1|
Oracle is crashing / dumping memory frequently
|Issue||Authentication Manager 7.x is running very slowly|
CPU utilization high
|Cause||This has been seen after a failed replica install. This left the replica configuration in an incomplete (unregistered) state and Oracle crashed after many failed connection attempts. Since the processes get restarted the system would get stuck in a cycle of starts and crashes. The memory dumps take up 50% of the CPU.|
1. On the cmd line go to C:\Program Files\RSA Security\RSA Authentication Manager\utils and run rsautil manage-replication -a report
2. If you see the replica then remove them by running rsautil manage-replication -a remove-replica -n replicaname
3. Run rsautil setup-replication -a remove-unreg-replicas
4. Reboot to ensure cached Oracle streams replication is tidied up.
5. Run rsautil setup-replication -a remove-primary
6. Run rsautil setup-replication -a set-primary
Recreate the replicas (if needed) using new replica packages. Attempting to install with the same package will only result in more failures.
|Legacy Article ID||a40890|