|Applies To||UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)|
RSA ACE/Server 3.3.x (no longer supported as of 3-30-2002)
|Issue||Move the ACE/Server to a new machine with new IP address|
Cannot change hostname and IP address on new master using sdsetup -config
|Cause||sdconf.rec file was moved from master server with different hostname and IP address.|
|Resolution||NOTE: Make sure the hostname and IP address is listed in the /etc/hosts file on the new master or in the DNS server.|
On the old master:
1. Make a copy of the current sdconf.rec file in a safe temp directory (in case it still a production ACE/Server).
2. Run sdsetup -config and change the hostname and IP address to that of the new master.
3. Now copy the sdconf.rec file to the new master's ace/data directory.
4. Move the sdconf.rec that was copied to a safe directory (in step #1), back into the ../ace/data directory, (overwriting the one that is currently there).
5. Stop and start the aceserver process. The new master should now have the proper hostname and IP address configured. To check this, run sdinfo on the new master to see if it reflects the hostname and IP address change.
|Workaround||Moved ACE/Server from one machine to another|
|Legacy Article ID||4.0.95348.2301587|