|Applies To||RSA ACE/Agent for Novell Modular Authentication Service (NMAS) (no longer supported as of 12-22-2004)|
Novell Modular Authentication Service (NMAS)
Novell NetWare 5.x
|Issue||How to uninstall RSA ACE/Agent for Novell Modular Authentication Service (NMAS)|
ConsoleOne error "Login Method In Use" when trying to delete the RSA ACE/Agent Authorized Login Method
Error: "The login method "RSA ACE/Agent is in use. The method must be removed from all login sequences before it can be deleted. The method is in use by the following sequences: RSA ACE/Agent"
|Cause||You must delete the Login Sequence "RSA ACE/Agent" from Login Policy first.|
|Resolution||To uninstall the RSA ACE/Agent from the "NOVELL" tree:|
1. Run ConsoleOne.exe from
2. Browse to NOVELL\Security and Select "Login Policy"
and view the Properties of the object.
3. Under the General (Login Sequences) tab, select the
Defined Login Sequence "RSA ACE/Agent".
4. Click on "Delete Sequence" to delete the RSA ACE/Agent
5. Select "Cancel" to exit the Properties page.
6. Browse to NOVELL\Security\Authorized Login Methods\
7. Select "Delete NDS Object" from the File menu to delete
RSA ACE/Agent from the Authorized Login Methods.
8. Unload SDILSM to remove the RSA ACE/Agent module
In the future when NMAS is loaded, SDILSM will not be loaded. SDILSM.LMO is a Login Method Object and will not be loaded if the Login Method does not exist.
If reinstalling RSA ACE/Agent for NMAS, refer to the README file supplied with the software for detailed instructions.
|Workaround||Installing new version of RSA ACE/Agent or removing software from system|
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.2557110.2846296|