|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.0 (no longer supported as of 8-15-2004)|
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
|Issue||Install and activate a Windows NT or Windows 2000 ACE/Server 5.0 Primary: QuickNotes.|
|Resolution||1. Set the environment variables.|
How to setenvironment variables for RSAACE/Server and RSA Authentication Manager
2. Place license diskette in drive.
3. Run the installation software for the desired OS. Select New Primary ACE/Server checkbox.
4. To activate authentication on the Primary (Not Required), click Start > Programs > ACE SERVER > Configuration Management. In the Legacy Server Identification box, select the Acting Master field, enter the name of the primary server, and hit tab. The IP Address should resolve correctly. If it does not, this indicates an IP Hostname resolution issue. See:Enable or disable Authentication on Primary and Replica servers.
5. To activate authentication on the Primary (Not required), in ACE/Server administration (sdadmin), select 'Agent Host' from the Main Menu. Select 'Add Agent Host', and add the Primary as an Agent Host. Select 'Assign Acting Servers' and assign the Primary server as a Master server.
6. Add a user, import tokens as necessary, and assign a token or static password to the user. Assign the user to a group and activate the group on the Agent Host, or directly activate the user on the Agent Host.
7. Test Authenticate by running sdshell.
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.3522355.2934069|