|Applies To||RSA SecurID Appliance|
RSA Authentication Manager 6.1
RSA Authentication Manager 6.0
|Issue||Seeking assistance with a faulty RSA SecurID Appliance|
RSA SecurID Appliance fails to boot from disk image
|Resolution||To correct this issue, contact RSA Security Customer Support and open a support request for a technical support engineer to diagnose the RSA SecurID Appliance. On opening a support request you will be provided with a ticket reference number which must be used in all correspondence with RSA Security with regards to this support request.|
After further investigation and analysis of the RSA SecurID Appliance and the system is found to be at fault and cannot be rectified, the technical support engineer will direct you to fill out an RMA form found in RSA SecurCare Online. Log on to RSA SecurCare Online > Downloads > Fixes By Product > RSA SecurID > Appliance > scroll down to 'RSA SecurID Appliance - RMA Contact Form'
NOTE: Access to RSA SecurCare Online does require a registered account and customers without a registered account can register themselves using their RSA SecurID Appliance license ID and software maintenance contract number at this location. Customers experiencing difficulties with RSA SecurCare Online should contact RSA Security Customer Support for assistance.
Submitted details, entered in the form are sent to Celestix Networks. To fill out the form you will need the following information available:
1. Company name, mailing address and contact details of someone who will accept shipment of replacement materials
2. Ticket Reference number (used to open a support request with RSA Security Customer Support to diagnose the fault)
3. Hardware Serial Number (located on the back of the unit)
4. General description of the fault
On receipt of the RMA request:
- The contact email address provided in the RMA form will receive an acknowledgement (see example below)
- Replacement materials will be shipped postage paid no later than the next business day
Celestix Networks will include to the end-user the following RMA contents:
1. Replacement RSA SecurID Appliance (not including accompanying documentation and accessories)
2. Return shipment instructions for the defective appliance being replaced
3. A prepaid shipping label to affix to the return shipment container (Pre-paid shipping label is for US region | AP & EMEA Region - please contact RSA Security Customer Support for further assistance for returning the faulty unit back to Celestix Networks).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon receiving replacement materials, the Customer is responsible to return the defective appliance to the Celestix repair facility within 15 days of disposition. The return address will by provided in the return shipment instructions. Returned parcels are expected to be sent back utilizing the prepaid freight services provided by Celestix Networks and to use either the original packaging that the appliance came in or ample packing material to ensure safe shipment to the Celestix repair facility.
Example email receipt for RMA request:
From: RSA RMA [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:55 PM
To: <contact first and last name>
Subject: [RSARMA #nnnnn]: RSA SecurID Appliance - RMA Request
Your request is now registered with our ticketing system. Our support staff will attend to you shortly.
A ticket number [RSARMA #[RMA reference number]] has been assigned to this issue.
For future correspondence on this issue, you can reply to this mail using the same subject line. For a new mail, please include your ticket number in the email subject. It must be formatted in the following way:
[RSARMA #[RMA reference number]]: <your subject>
You may also track the status of your ticket at http://support.celestix.com/support-center/. If you have not registered, please register with the this address:
<contact email address>
The Support Team.
NOTE: If no email receipt has been received within a short period, please fill out the form again, checking the contact email address is correct, and re-submit the RMA request
|Legacy Article ID||a31038|