|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.0.4 (no longer supported as of 8-15-2004)|
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP4
|Issue||Error installing Remote Administration in RSA ACE/Server|
InstallShield Engine EXE has stopped working.
Updating System Environement... 93%
When installing remote administration, the installation aborts and displays an information box:
InstallShield Self-extracting EXE
WinExec failed: return=1260
Incorrect tempdir setting
Excessively long windows Path variable
To correct this issue, follow these steps:
1. Create a temporary directory from the root directory of drive C: - from the command prompt (C:\), type: md tempdir
2. Modify the path to the environment variables "TEMP" and "TMP". Navigate to Start Menu --> Settings --> Control Panel --> System --> Advance Tab --> Environment Variables...
3. Under 'User variables for <username>', select "TEMP" and click the 'Edit...' button. Then change the 'Variable Value:' to the directory path that was created in step 1.
4. Select "TMP" and click 'Edit...' button. Then change the 'Variable Value:' to the directory path that was created in step 1.
5. Log off and log in
6. Install Remote Administration
|Legacy Article ID||a21582|