|Applies To||Logcsv files|
Automated Log Maintenance
|Issue||How to read Logcsv files?|
The user would like to know about the column headings in the reports generated using Automatic Audit Log Maintenance. The Logcsv files are created in the ace/data directory and have 17 fields. Each field is separated by a comma. The headings for these fields are not mentioned in the Administration Manual.
|Resolution||The column headings are:|
1. Log Entry Number - An internal database index used to uniquely represent
2. GMT Date - GMT/UTC date of the event.
3. GMT Time - GMT/UTC time of the event.
4. Local Date - Local date of the event.
5. Local Time - Local time of the event.
6. Message Number - Numeric code that represents the event.
7. User Name - First and last names of the user involved in the event.
8. Login - Login ID of the User involved in the event.
9. Token Serial Number - SN of the token involved in the event.
10. Site Name - Name of the site the group belongs to.
11. Group Name - Name of the group of which the user is a member.
12. Client Name - Name of the client the user logs in to.
13. Server Name - Name of the server where the event takes place or where the
user's authentication information is processed.
14. Affected User Name - Name of the user affected by the action of this event.
15. PID - Not used.
16. Minor Error - Error code that indicates the internal DB failure.
17. Message Text - A short description of the event.
Here is an excerpt out of the logcsv.1 file and a brief description of each field:
1096724 is a process id number
The date and UTC time
The date and local time
3000 refers to a job number - 3000 will always refer to "Sdadmin Started"
The name of client
The job name ("Sdadmin Started")
Each record in a field has a specific format. For detailed description of the format see Record Format in Logcsv File
|Notes||See A41682 for a similar solution for AM7.1|
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.3209636.2905594|