|Applies To||Internet Explorer 7|
Microsoft Windows Vista
Certificate Manager 6.7
|Issue||How to successfully enroll for a certificate with IE7 on Microsoft Vista|
no certificate request was made when requesting a client certificate using IE 7 on a vista system
Excerpt from the Readme of certificate Manager Build 420
The user must make the following browser changes for certificate request and installation to succeed.
1. In Microsoft Internet Explorer, from the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click Trusted sites.
4. Click Sites, and add the Enrollment Server URL to the list of trusted sites.
5. Ensure that Protected Mode is not selected.
6. Click Custom Settings.
7. Ensure that the security level for the trusted zone is Medium or lower.
8. Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting setting to Prompt.
The following behavior occurs when you request and install a certificate.
9. After you have installed your certificate, change the ActiveX control and security level back to their previous
|Notes||For support of later verions of Internet Explorer (such as IE8 / IE9) with RSA Certificate Manager, refer to the product documentation and/or Readme for latest version/build. For example, IE8 and IE9 on Windows 2008 / Windows 7 is supported with RCM 6.9.|
|Legacy Article ID||a38694|