|Applies To|| PIN Unblock utility|
RSA Authentication Client (RAC)
RSA Authentication Client (RAC) 3.5.4
|Issue||PIN Unblock Wizard installs successfully but the desktop icon displayed is the Microsoft default rather than the RSA/RAC icon|
1. Install RAC 3.5.4 along with the PIN Unblock Wizard from the same kit.
1. There seems to be no negative effect, other than the missing RSA icon, in functionality. That is, clicking on the Microsoft default RSA PIN Unblock Wizard icon in the Start menu launches the utility and everything works fine.
2. It appears to only be a problem with Windows 7 and then only when an upgrade from 3.5.4 is performed.
3. If RAC 3.5.4 and the 3.5.4 PIN Unblock Utility are uninstalled and 3.5.5 and the latest PIN Unblock Utility (i.e. 18.104.22.168) are installed than the icon appears as the normal RSA/RAC icon.
4. It does not occur on XP or 2003.
5. It doesn't appear to occur with 2008 unless you create a shortcut (i.e. the icon in the start menu shows up as the RSA Keyhole but the shortcut, while labeled correctly, shows up as the default icon).
6. It also occurs when RAC 3.5.4 and the 3.5.4 PIN Unblock Utility are installed together on Windows 7.
7. Running Repair for the PIN Unblock Utility when this occurs does not fix this problem.
|Resolution||This will be fixed with upcoming release RAC 3.6 due out in Q4 2012|
|Legacy Article ID||a58344|