|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 4.x (no longer supported as of 2-1-2004)|
RSA ACE/Server 4.1 (no longer supported as of 2-1-2004)
RSA ACE/Server 3.3.x (no longer supported as of 3-30-2002)
Report Creation Utility
|Issue||How to create an ACE/Server Custom Report|
|Resolution||You must first start the Report Creation Utility on the Master ACE/Server.|
Run the Report Creation Utility by typing: ACEUTILS\sdreport
The RSA ACE/Server Reports dialog box opens.
To create an ACE/Server Custom Report:
1. On the Reports menu, click Create New Report.
The Select Report Type dialog box opens.
2. Select one of three types of reports: Log Entry, Histogram, or Token Statistics.
Selecting any one of these opens the Report Builder dialog box. The Custom Reports list shows
existing custom reports of the type you selected.
3. Select the Custom Reports list to create or edit an existing report.
When you select an existing report from the Custom Reports list, all settings for this report are
displayed in the dialog box. For a new report, highlight the message(s) in the Select Message list,
and press the Spacebar. You can select new settings and click "Replace" to replace the old
settings with new ones.
4. Click "Create," and enter the appropriate description and filename.
5. Click "OK."
6. Select the newly created report by highlighting that report and pressing the Spacebar.
7. To add the report to the Run List, click "Add," and then press <Enter>.
8. In the Run List, highlight the report, and press the Spacebar.
9. Click "Run Report(s)," and then press <Enter>.
To view the report:
1. cd /ace/utils/output/<date> (for example, 19990924)
2. Two files have been created: <filename>.txt and <filename>.xls
3. To display the output, execute "more <filename>.txt"
|Legacy Article ID||4.0.379053.2321761|