|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server|
All UNIX platforms
|Issue||How to create a Task List with restricted administrative rights in RSA ACE/Server (administrator would like to provide a help desk person some selected administrative rights)|
|Resolution||To create a Task List with restricted administrative rights, follow the steps below:|
1. ACE/Server Database Administration-Host mode > System > Task List > Add a Task List. Give a name to the task list.
2. Select a particular task from the available tasks and hit the button "Add". The task will appear in the right side box. For example, if you select a task, "Add user", it will appear with a few subtasks associated with this task. You can add and remove additional tasks until the role has the required rights.
3. User > Edit user > Select a user name to be assigned this task list
4. Edit user window will appear. Click on Administrative Role
5. Select the button labeled "Administrator"
6. Select the task list (from the pull down menu) that is created for this user
7. Close the edit user window
8. Log on to Remote administration to ACE/server as the user selected in step 3
9. Verify that the user can do only those tasks which have been included in the user's Task List
10. To change the users administrative rights, change the Task List or assign the user a different task list
|Workaround||NOTE: This solution applies to RSA Authentication Manager Database Administration Host or Remote mode only and not to the Appliance Web Administration GUI.|
|Legacy Article ID||a112|