|Applies To||Token is in New PIN mode|
RSA SecurID Software Token for Palm Handhelds
RSA SecurID Software Token for Pocket PC
RSA SecurID Pinpad
|Issue||How to authenticate in New PIN Mode with RSA SecurID Software Token for Palm Handhelds or with a Pinpad Token|
Error: "Access Denied, PASSCODE Incorrect"
|Cause||When in new PIN mode, users are entering the new PIN at the wrong time, or not entering it into the token interface to generate the new PASSCODE|
|Resolution||To authenticate in new PIN mode with RSA SecurID Software Token for Palm or a Pinpad Token, follow these steps:|
1. If "PIN" is displayed in the upper right-hand corner, the user must click Clear to clear the PIN
2. Initiate a login session
3. When prompted to "Enter PASSCODE", enter the PASSCODE and press "Enter"
4. When the system prompts for a new PIN, press Enter for a system-generated PIN or enter your own PIN. Then press Enter.
5. When prompted, re-enter the new PIN and press Enter. A new prompt for the PASSCODE appears.
6. Wait for the tokencode/PIN to change
7. Enter the PIN into the token interface by clicking on the numbers in the interface
8. Enter the PASSCODE at the "Enter PASSCODE" prompt
|Legacy Article ID||4.0.1713229.2532292|