|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.0 (no longer supported as of 8-15-2004)|
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)
|Issue||Installation aborts when upgrading to RSA ACE/Server 5.0|
Log database fails to load while upgrading to RSA ACE/Server 5.0
Error: "Loading table: SDSyslogCriteriaDelta ** "sdtrig.pl<<tdsl_cre.r>>" was not found. (293) (SQL message) Unable to load syslog criteria delta record (-1).No records. Aborting Procedure. Aborting migration. Aborting sdsetup."
The log database and delta records cannot be loaded in RSA ACE/Server 5.0 by rolling upgrade
|Cause||During the upgrade log database cannot be loaded into RSA ACE/Server 5.0 as the log tables are different in previous versions. NOTE: Before upgrading the current ACE/Server, run sddump with server option and create sdserv.dmp file. Along with sdserv.dmp file, license.rec file should be saved in a safe location. In case, the upgrade to ACE/Server 5.0 fails, the database can be restored using these two files.|
|Resolution||The following troubleshooting steps are same on NT and UNIX. The concepts are same but syntax might vary.|
1. Stop the ace/server. Verify that no ACE/Server process is running. For more information, see the solution regarding RSA ACE/Server cannot be started - sdconnect fails.
2. Run sddump -s [when prompted, type server - this will create sdserv.dmp file]
3. Make a backup copy of license.rec file from ace/data
4. Make a backup of sdlog *.* [ .bi, .db, .lg, .lic, .vrs] files
5. Run sdnewdb -l in ace/prog directory [this will remove the log database]. This will prompt with options server and log. Type the word log.
6. Run sdcompress -s -x [this will remove the delta records from the server database and do database compression]
7. Make sure that etc/services , etc/system files have been modified as mentioned in page 28 in RSA ACE/Server 5.0 for UNIX Installation Guide. Installation guide.
Correct and annotated example of ACE/Server 5.0 Services file
8. Run sdsetup -primary (to upgrade the server to 5.0)
9. If the script runs successfully, verify version.txt in ace/prog directory
10. If the RSA ACE/Server upgrades to 5.0 but the database is not loaded or users are not loaded, using sdserv.dmp and license.rec file manually load the database into RSA ACE/Server 5.0
How to migrate RSA ACE/Server database on UNIX from one machine to another
|Legacy Article ID||a4063|