|Applies To||Microsoft Windows 2000 Server|
RSA ACE/Server 5.0.1 (no longer supported as of 8-15-2004)
|Issue||Installation of Patch 2 for ACE/Server|
Error: " ** CRC for SDUser does not match CRC in rp_alluser.p. Try recompiling.(1896) ?"
Error: "Unable to locate index for SDUserScopeSite. (3252)"
|Cause||The DB was modified using different patch levels in the Primary and Remote Administration machines and the Replica(s) were not patched|
|Resolution||Use the following procedure to fix the database and resynchronize the Primary and the Replica:|
1. Install Patch 2 in all the replicas that had not been patched
2. Install Patch 2 in all the Remote Administration machines that had not been patched
In the Primary:
1. Stop the ACE/Server, including the broker
2. Backup the Primary server (the DB broker must be stopped in advance)
3. Run a DB compress:
a. Start -> Programs -> RSA ACE/Server -> Database tools -> Compress
b. Select the options to compress both the Server and the Log databases
c. Select "Do not load delta records" and ignore the warning dialog box
NOTE: If there are errors, please contact RSA Security Technical Support
4. Remove the replica(s) from Configuration Management/Replication Management and delete the <ace/data/replica_package> folder. This step is necessary in order to synchronize the fixed version of the DB to the replicas.
5. Recreate the replica(s) in Configuration Management and a new replica package as described in the solution What is a Replica Package and how do I generate one for RSA ACE/Server and RSA Authentication Managerrunningon Microsoft Windows?
|Workaround||Installed Patch 2 in the ACE/Server and in the Remote Administration machines|
|Legacy Article ID||a11520|