|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Agent for Windows
RSA Version/Condition: 7.0.2
- NetMotion is installed on a Windows 2008 Server along with the RSA Authentication Agent 70.2 for Windows.
- During authentication, the following error is written to the authentication activity log:
Node secret mismatch
|Cause||There are two different authentication frameworks: 32-bit and 64-bit. These two frameworks utilize different node secret formats when communicating with RSA Authentication Manager.|
- Install the RSA Authentication Agent 7.0.2 for Windows.
- From the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 SDK 32-bit folder copy aceclnt.dll, and sdmsg.dll to syswow64. The SDK is available in the Extras.zip when you download the Authentication Manager 8.x full kit.
- Copy the sdconf.rec from to C:\Program Files\Common Files\RSA Shared\Auth Data to C:\Windows\Syswow64.
- Launch a command prompt and in the Auth SDK go to ..\util\32bit\nt\Release_MT.
- Run the following command:
agent_nsload.exe -c "C:\Program Files\Common Files\RSA Shared\Auth Data\securid" C:\Windows\Syswow64
- Restart the NetMotion Control Service.
|Notes||The RSA Authentication Manager 8.1.2 SDK uses a different node secret format that is not compatible with earlier agents.|
|Legacy Article ID||a57810|