|Applies To||RSA Authentication Manager 8.X (virtual) appliances|
|Issue||Does RSA support the installation of third party monitoring Agents on their 8.x (virtual) appliances?|
Examples: System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) , BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM), Nagios etc.
|Resolution||This is a hardened appliance system. It has a standardized environment, firewall and scheduled patches to update the entire system (RSA Authentication Manager (AM), OS files and libraries the included database). Installing any additional 3rd party software is not supported.|
The AM 8.x appliance has some builtin monitoring tools described in Chapter 14: Logging and Reporting and page:375 of the "RSA AM Administrator's Guide" https://knowledge.rsasecurity.com/docs/rsa_securid/rsa_auth_mgr/81/am_administrators_guide.pdf
This chapter describes in detail how to activate SNMP monitoring, remote syslog configuration and triggering an emial if critical events occur.
1) Go to the Security Console
2) Setup - > System Settings
3) Select "Basic Setting"
- Configure Critical System Event Notification:
Will send emails about envents to configured users(A SMTP Mail server has to be already configured for this to work.)
- Logging : Will write logs to an the internal DB and OS and to a remote Syslog system:
"Save to internal database and remote SysLog at the following hostname or IP address:"
4) Select "Advanced Settings"
- Network Monitoring (SNMP), will provide a configuration screen for a SNMP v. 3 agent and the MIB for RSA AM (and will add the neccessary rules in the background)
|Legacy Article ID||a66589|