|Applies To||Keon Certificate Authority|
|Issue||Keon: How to enable email notification to requestor when a certificate is issued|
When the vettor or administrator issues a certificate, no email is sent to the requestor (the user that requested a certificate)
|Cause||Either email notification has not been enabled, or no email address was specified when enrolling for the certificate|
|Resolution||To configure the jurisdiction to send email notifications to the requestors, follow these steps:|
1. Go to the "CA Operations" workbench in the KCA Administrative Web interface
2. On the left-hand pane, select the CA to be used to issue the user certificates from the cascading list
3. On the right-hand pane under the "Jurisdiction Configuration:" heading, select the Jurisdiction to be configured and click "Configure"
4. Under the "Sections" heading, select "E-mail Notification"
5. Look for the section "Notification to Requestor:" - check one or more of the following options depending on the event(s) you want to notify the requestor about:
a. Approved. Certificate has been issued.
b. Deferred. Vettor has postponed issuing the certificate. However, the request has not been rejected.
c. Refused. Vettor refused to issue a certificate.
6. Use the "Subject" and "Body" links to edit the email's subject line and message body, respectively, that will be sent to the requestor
7. Lastly, click "Save" or "Save and Exit"
Additionally, instruct your users to enter an E-mail Address when enrolling for a certificate, and instruct the vettors to confirm the request has a valid E-mail Address when issuing certificates.
|Legacy Article ID||a14659|