|Issue||Unable To Rename Directory When Upgrading To Envision 4.0.0|
When I run the Envision 4.0.0 upgrade, the installer complains that it is unable to rename the current Envision folder. Successive attempts at pressing Retry have no affect. How do I correct this?
|Resolution||The Envision installer relies on the Windows OS to let it know if a folder can be renamed. If the installer fails at this point, windows thinks that the folder it is trying to rename (your old Envision installation folder) is still in use. They can happen for a variety of reasons, but is usually because one of the system processes is till reading or writing data to a sub folder underneath the main Envision folder.|
For example, you may have a device that sends it logs by means of FTP to the Envision appliance. The normal directory to which those files are written is the ftp_files folder which resides under the main Envision folder. If the sub-folder is in use, the Envision installer will not be permitted to rename the higher level folder.
The most effective way to resolve this issue is:
1. Make sure that you have a copy of the Envision 4.0 Migration Guide.
2. Reboot the Envision appliance.
3. When the Envision appliance comes up, stop all of the NIC Services.
4. Wait 5 minutes. This gives the system time to get caught up with anything it was doing.
5. Follow the steps exactly as laid out in the Migration Guide for running the upgrade.
|Legacy Article ID||a45546|