|Applies To||RSA NetWitness NextGen|
RSA NetWitness Informer
RSA NetWitness Informer 18.104.22.168
RSA NetWitness Informer 22.214.171.124
RSA NetWitness Informer 126.96.36.199
RSA NetWitness License Manager
|Issue||RSA NetWitness Informer License Manager showing "side-by-side" error and won't install.|
When using the license manager for Informer an error message similar to the following is displayed: The Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
|Cause||When this error is seen it indicates that a Microsoft Visual C++ dependency issue has occured.|
To fix this dependency issue perform the following steps:
1. Open the Application log within Windows Event Viewer
- Go to Start then Right click Computer and select Manage
- Expand Diagnostics -> Windows Logs -> Application Log
2. Once in the Application log look for an error where Level equals "Error" and Source equals "SideBySide"
3. Open the SideBySide error. On the General tab in the summary at the top, find version="x.x.xxxx.xxxx"
* See error.jpg attached to this case for an example *
4. Using the version number as a guide, download the file attached to this solution (vcredist_x86_2008SP1_9.0.30729.6161.exe) and match the version number to the file.
If the version number found doesn't match the file attached to this solution then download the appropriate Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 x86 Redistributable Package from the Microsoft Downloads website.
5. Once the correct vcredist file has been downloaded to the Informer appliance, run the file to install.
6. When installation is complete run Informer's license manager and license normally.
NOTE: The Informer License Manager cannot be used to license the 64-bit version of Investigator or Administrator.
|Legacy Article ID||a58703|