000014317 - RKM: Resolve error ?The application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found.'

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 16, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000014317
Applies ToRSA Key Manager Client 2.5.0.3
IssueRKM: Resolve error ?The application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found."
Running a .NET application and getting error ?The application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found." using RKM C Client 2.5.0.3 (for Win32) or earlier (Win64).
Cause

The application needs a manifest to specify the location of the C runtime libraries.  However, external manifests are not read in .NET environments.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235342%28VS.80%29.aspx says:
"5. It is recommended that all DLLs have a manifest embedded inside the binary. External manifests are ignored when a DLL is loaded though a LoadLibrary call. For more information, see Assembly manifests."

Therefore, you need to use the version of cryptocme2.dll (the underlying cryptopgraphy library that is used by RKM Client) that has the manifest information embedded in it.  The cryptocme2.dll from Crypto-C ME 2.1.0.2 is distributed with RKM C Client 2.5.0.3 (for Win32).  The cryptocme2.dll from Crypto-C ME 2.1.0.3 has one change, which is that the manifest information embedded in it.

ResolutionUpgrade to RKM C Client 2.5.0.3 (for Windows 64-bit) or RKM C Client 2.5.0.3.1 or later (for Windows 32-bit), which includes the Crypto-C ME 2.1.0.3 DLLs (with embedded manifest information).
Legacy Article IDa52999

Attachments

Outcomes