|Applies To||Nortel Contivity Switch|
RSA SecurID Software Token 2.0
|Issue||How to use both RSA SecurID Software Token tokens and standard tokens in the same Nortel VPN profile|
Nortel Extranet client is only prompting for PIN, but user wishes to use a Standard token in addition to their installed RSA SecurID Software Tokens
|Cause||When setting up the profile, the user selected to use "Installed Software Token." The Nortel client expects to pull the tokencode and combine with the entered PIN, and is not expecting nor allowing manually entering the tokencode.|
|Resolution||The user must manually edit the connection profile to select the standard SecurID token each time or set up a separate profile for each of the types of tokens.|
To manually edit the profile each time, follow these steps on the Nortel client:
1. Select Options > Authentication Options
2. Choose "Options" under the "Response Only Token"
3. Change Token Options from "Installed SoftID Token" to "Two Factor Auth. Token Card"
To set up a separate profile:
1. Choose File Connection Wizard, and give the profile a different name
2. When entering the "Authentication Type" Screen, choose "Hardware or Software Token"
3. Choose the option "I will be using the Installed Software Token"
Now users can select the different profile depending on the type of token they will be using for authentication.
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.1630300.2775744|