|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 3.3 Patch 15 (no longer supported as of 3-30-2002)|
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
|Issue||Cannot import tokens into ACE/Server|
Error:"failure to open the license.rec file" during importing tokens
|Cause||ACE/server was installed using a license.rec file from an old server. ACE/server must always be installed using the files a from Master license diskette.|
|Resolution||To correct this issue, follow these steps:|
1. On the Master Server, run the setup.exe from ACE/Server CD
2. Insert the diskette labeled "ACE/Server Master Server License"
3. Proceed with the installation and check the option "Upgrade Existing license"
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the upgrade process
5. Copy the license.rec to the ace/data directory on the Slave Server. This will allow the user to import the tokens.
NOTE: Make sure the batch file containing the seed records for the tokens is decrypted and has an extension .ASC. If the ACE/Server is running on UNIX, see the solution regarding Error: 'Failure in opening file license.rec' while loading RSA ACE/Server token records.
|Legacy Article ID||a292|