|Applies To||RSA Authentication Manager 8.0|
RSA Authentication Manager 8.1
|Issue||How to recover failed RSA Authentication Manager (AM) 8.X Virtual Appliance when filesystem is stuck in read-only mode|
fsck failed. Please repair manually and reboot. The root file system is currently mounted read-only.
Give root password for maintenance (or type Control-D to continue):
1. Reboot the appliance
2. In GRUB boot menu select AM kernel (first entry) and press 'e' to edit the grub entry
3. Edit the kernel line by pressing 'e'
4. Add the following at the end of the kernel line: init=/bin/bash
5. Press enter to save and 'b' to boot
6. The init=/bin/bash statement boots straight into a shell, so no password is required. Fsck and other maintenance tasks may now be performed.
7. umount /dev/sda1 (it may warn/error that the partition is already unmounted, safe to ignore in that case)
8. Type fsck -y /dev/sda1
9. Reset the Virtual Appliance. The system will not prompt for root password and normal boot will occur.
|Legacy Article ID||a65994|