|Applies To||RSA ACE/Agent for Windows|
Multi-homed system (two network interface cards [NIC])
|Issue||RSA ACE/Agent for Windows on multi-homed system unable to communicate with RSA ACE/Server|
No users can authenticate
Error: "Cannot initialize client-server communications"
|Cause||This error may happen if one of the NICs is "blind" to the ACE/Server (on a different segment). The problem occurs when the blind NIC is the primary. The address used in the packets is that of the unaddressable NIC.|
|Resolution||To correct this issue, modify the TCP/IP settings on the system where RSA ACE/Agent for Windows is installed:|
1. Navigate to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click the Network icon
3. Click the Bindings tab
4. For the "Show Bindings for" drop-down menu, select "All protocols"
5. Double click "TCP/IP Protocol"
6. Highlight the NIC that can be seen by (is on the same segment as) the ACE/Server through the network
7. Click "Move Down" until the visible NIC is at the bottom
8. The bindings update when you reboot the machine. The visible NIC is now the primary.
|Legacy Article ID||1.0.540735.2198420|