000012203 - Unable to compile OneStep plugin on Solaris with error 'gcc: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2: wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2LSB'

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 16, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 22, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000012203
Applies ToRSA Certificate Manager 6.8
RSA Certificate Manager OneStep 6.8
Sun Solaris 10
GCC
IssueUnable to compile OneStep plugin on Solaris with error "gcc: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2: wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2LSB"
The following error shows when attempting to compile a custom OneStep plug-in on Solaris:

ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2: wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2LSB
CauseSolaris x86 version of the gcc libraries were loaded on Solaris UltraSparc machine
ResolutionEnsure that the correct version of the gcc libraries are loaded on Solaris UltraSparc machine.  Also note that gcc version 2.95.2 is supported with OneStep libraries.
WorkaroundUsed the following gcc command to compile custom plugin:

#/usr/local/bin/gcc -fPIC -c -g -DUNIX -DSOLARIS -DPSODEBUG -I. -I/opt/mywork/OneStep/include -I/opt/mywork/OneStep/myonestep/source/rcm_api/include -c mycode.c -o mycode.o
Legacy Article IDa42030

Attachments

Outcomes