|Applies To||RSA ClearTrust 5.0|
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
|Issue||ClearTrust: How to correct SISC errors during the 4.7.1 to 5.0 Schema/Data Upgrade for Active Directory|
Different SISC errors appear when running the ctupy command, e.g. "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: sisc.modules.S2J$JavaObject"
|Cause||ClearTrust 4.6.1 was originally installed in the machine. This version of ClearTrust installed an older Java Runtime Environment not fully compatible with ClearTrust 5.0 (JRE)|
|Resolution||To correct this issue, remove all references to older JREs from Sun as follows:|
1. Uninstall the existing Sun JRE using Start Menu -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
2. Delete the "\Program Files\JavaSoft" subdirectory from the file system
3. Run "regedit" (Start Menu -> Run -> regedit)
4. Delete the hive "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft" with all its contents
5. Install JRE 1.3.1_06 available from Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE)
6. Set the %CT_ROOT% environment variable using the following command:
"SET CT_ROOT=X:\Program Files\RSA\ClearTrust"
Replace X: with the unit letter where ClearTrust was installed.
7. Copy the following files from the ClearTrust 5.0 Installation CD-ROM into the same subdirectory as the "ctupy" program:
NOTE: The above files are located in:
a. For Windows: \Windows\data_adapters\ldap\ActiveDir
a. For Solaris: \Solaris\data_adapters\ldap\ActiveDir
8. Run the "ctupy" program again
|Legacy Article ID||a13845|