|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.0 (no longer supported as of 8-15-2004)|
|Issue||Converting a primary ACE/Server 5.0 into replica|
|Resolution||The following steps explain the concepts for converting a primary into replica. The syntax for commands will vary depending the Operating System. For detailed commands refer to the ACE/Server Installation guide.|
1. Install a new primary ACE/Server 5.0 on a different machine.
2. Stop the old primary.
3. Run sddump and select server database. This will create sdserv.dmp file.
4. Using this sdserv.dmp and license.rec file the database can be loaded into the new primary server.
See Database Migration in ACE/Server 5.0
5. Create a replica package for old primary. Copy this package to the old primary.
See What is a Replica Packageand how togenerate one in RSA ACE/Server running on UNIX platforms?
See What is a Replica Package and how do I generate one for RSA ACE/Server and RSA Authentication Managerrunningon Microsoft Windows?
6. Uninstall the old primary. Reboot the machine.
7. Install the replica using the replica package created in step 5.
8. On the new primary server using DBpush, the replica can be updated with database.
See What is a DB-Push and how is it initiated?
9. If DBpush fails, copy the files from ace/data/replica_package from new primary server.
10. Start the new primary server. Bring up the activity monitor.
11. Start the replica.
For promoting a replica into a primary see: How To Replace The Primary ACE/Server Using A Server With Another Identity
|Legacy Article ID||a4588|