|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server|
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
|Issue||Administration program is displaying CRC error messages|
CRC errors appearing when using Remote administration with the ACE/Server
|Cause||The Remote Administration program for the ACE/Server does checks on the database integrity before allowing the administrator to make changes or view the data.|
|Resolution||Take the following steps:|
1) Stop all ACE/Server processes.
2) Take a backup of the Ace directory.
3) Dump both sdserv and sdlog databases using the sddump utility found in the ace/prog directory. This creates two files called sdserv.dmp and sdlog.dmp.
4) Ensure you keep a copy of the license.rec file from ace/data directory as this contains the hash key to decrypt the two dump files.
5) Uninstall the ACE/Server and install the ACE/Server again as a clean installation.
6) Run sdnewdb from the ace/prog directory to create two empty databases - Server and Log.
7) Load the dump files into the two databases using sdload found in the ace/prog directory. Ensure you check the box called 'Server dump file has a different license record'. This will use the hash key in the license.rec file to decrypt the dump files and allow the data to be loaded into the databases - Server and Log.
8) Start the ACE/Server processes.
9) Run the Administration program and check that no CRC error messages appear while doing administrative tasks to the ACE/Server.
|Workaround||ACE/Server was upgraded to current release|
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.241974.2603612|