|Applies To||Ericsson R380 WAP telephone|
|Issue||How to generate a PASSCODE for manual entry on a Ericsson R380 WAP phone|
How to use RSA SecurID on an Ericsson R380 WAP phone
|Resolution||To generate a PASSCODE for manual entry:|
1. Open the flip, and tap the Messaging tab.
2. Tap Generate Passcode. The Generate Passcode view appears.
3. Tap the PIN input field. The software keyboard view appears. Use the keyboard
to enter your PIN. If you have not been assigned a PIN, or if your PIN has been
cleared by your administrator, leave the input field blank and continue with the
4. Tap the Enter icon to return to the Generate Passcode view, and tap OK to
continue. The PASSCODE appears for 60 seconds.
5. When you are prompted for it, type the PASSCODE. Be sure to type in the
PASSCODE within the 60-second interval, or the PASSCODE will not be valid.
If you are prompted for a second PASSCODE, wait 60 seconds until the
software token on your phone generates a new PASSCODE, then repeat steps
1 through 4.
For further references see the following solutions:
How to install the activation license on a Ericsson R380 WAP phone
How to generate a PASSCODE for entry into an RSA-protected WAP site
How to install and activate Ericsson R380 software tokens on ACE/Server
How to view the activation license serial number on an Ericsson R380 WAP phone
|Legacy Article ID||6.0.3521286.2933786|