|Applies To||Keon Certificate Authority 6.x|
Initial installation of KCA
Completed installation of KCA, no configuration has been performed yet
Only the default Administrative certificate and the default System certificates exist under CA Operations In the Administrative Interface. These are internal certificates and are never linked to as jurisdictions.
|Issue||No Jurisdiction Operations selection box displayed in KCA Enrollment Server Welcome page|
First time using Keon CA for enrollment after installation
|Cause||No Jurisdictions exist, therefore the selection box fails to display|
Using the KCA Administration console, set up the jurisdiction defaults:
Select --> Configure Jurisdiction Defaults
- Under Sections, select Extension Profiles
- Under General Profile Policy, do not select Enforce Profile Definition until such time as you are proficient with profiles
- Under Profile Choices highlight all choices and select Save (at top of form)
Using the KCA Administration console, create your first Root CA:
- Select --> CA Operations Icon. In the left-hand pane under Local CA's, Select Create
- Under Issuer, select Self
- Under Jurisdiction, select Create New Jurisdiction
- Select Save and Exit. This will bring you to the entry form for defining the unique characteristics of you Root Jurisdiction Certificate.
- Under Profile and v3 Extensions For CA Certificate, you may wish to select Basic PKIX-Compliant CA --> Select Next (at bottom). This will be sufficient for your first stab at creating a Root CA. If you wish to modify the values you have used, select the CA under the red "CA Operations" heading at the top of the left-hand pane, view the certificate, and select Configure or Resign to make changes. You will now be able to select a Jurisdiction in the Enrollment Page.
|Legacy Article ID||a20664|