|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.0.1 (no longer supported as of 8-15-2004)|
Microsoft Windows 2000
|Issue||Error: "Replica record not on file (138)" errors when opening "Database Administration - Host Mode" in RSA ACE/Server|
Error: "Replica record not on file (138)"
Error: "No replica list record available (91)"
Error: "_edit.p was not found (293)"
Error: "Unable to run the PROGRESS Procedure Editor _edit.p. (3261)"
No entries listed in ACE/Server Replica Management
|Cause||Entry in the hosts file of the ACE/Server is incorrect, for example it contains the short hostname (not including the domain) whereas in "Configuration Management" the ACE/Server has the FQDN name under "RSA Server Identification".|
|Resolution||(1) Change the entry in the hosts file to have the FQDN of the ACE/Server.|
(2) Stop all ACE Server processes by selecting the ACE Server icon in Control Panel and click on the "Stop" button for ACE/Server.
(3) Open a Command Prompt window and change to "...ACE\prog" directory. Type in "sdrepmgmt add" to add the fqdn of the ACE Server and press Enter to accept the default values.
(4) Type "sdrepmgmt list" and the Primary ACE/Server should now be listed as Replica 0.
(5) Restart the ACE/Server.
(6) If you now get " A user with login name Administrator was not found " when opening "Database Administration - Host Mode". The dump files created during the upgrade process will need to be reloaded into the ACE/Server.
To reload dump files:
(1) Stop all ACE/Server processes by selecting the ACE/Server icon in Control Panel and click on the "Stop" button for ACE/Server.
(2) Copy the sdserv.dmp, sdlog.dmp and license.rec files from the "..Acebak\data" directory to the "...ACE\Prog" directory.
(3) Open a Command Prompt window and change to "...ACE\prog" directory. Type "sdnewdb" and check both the Server and Log database.
(4) Now type "sdload" and check the following;
Server Database and the path "....ACE\Prog"
Server dump file has a different license record than the current database
Log Database and the path "....ACE\Prog"
(5) Restart the ACE/Server and you will now be able to access "Database Administration - Host Mode"
|Legacy Article ID||a6258|