|Applies To||Auto Registration |
Microsoft Windows 2000
|Issue||No information is propagating into the ACE/Server logs|
IP changes do not reflect what is loaded into the ACE/Server
|Cause||The client was added before the Agent could use the sdregsrv to auto populate the ACE/Server database.|
The client was loaded prior to the sdadmreg_install causing the regsvr to fail on secret lookup.
|Resolution||Remove any reference to the client on the ACE/Server:|
1. Install the sdadmreg_install.exe on the remote DHCP client
2. Remove any node secret that may be present on the DHCP client.
3. Verify with the log monitor on the ACE/Server that the client can auto populate.
4. The client will auto fill on the ACE/Server as a UNIX Client with a status of open to all locally known users.
5. You should never have to touch the DHCP client entry's on the ACE/Server.
6. The DHCP client should have the "ACE Auto-Registration" set to automatic in thy services file.
|Legacy Article ID||a7296|