To set up HP OpenView:
- Start the OpenView Node manager.
Note: If you are running OpenView on the Windows NT operating environment, make sure that SNMP Service (Control Panel>Networks>Services>SNMP Service) is installed and the service is started ( netstart /stop snmp ) before you start OpenView.
- Click Options>Load/Unload MIBS : SNMP.
- Click Browse. Load snmp / mibs /piv1.mib or snmp / mibs /piv2.mib. Click Save.
Note: The *.mib files can be found on the enVision server in the %_envision%\etc\mibs directory. They are called piv1-mib.txt and piv2-mib.txt.
- Click Options>Event Configuration. The system displays the Event Configuration dialog box.
- Click PrivateI in the Enterprises block.
- Double-click ospiGenericTrap in the Events for Enterprise PrivateI block. The system displays the description of the event with the variable octet string.
- Click on the Event Message tab.
- Select Log And Display in Category. Select a category (for example, Application Alarms).
- Copy the Event Log Message from the Enterprises (220.127.116.11.4.1) Event and paste it in the Event Log Message of the ospiGenericTrap . You can edit this string for the appropriate presentation of record in the alarm records.
- Click on the Action tab.
- If you want the system to display a pop up, type a string in the Pop Up field.
- If you want the system to invoke certain applications when the event occurs, type a command string with args .
- Click Save and close the Event Configuration dialog box.