|Applies To||Sentry CA 3.6 and earlier|
Keon Certificate Authority
|Issue||Internal Server Error when issuing a certificate with a large e-mail message from the view-request page.|
When adding a large e-mail message (over 10K for the combined e-mail headers and message) to the "View/Certify Pending Certificate Request" page, the following errors will occur after pressing the "Issue Certificate" button:
- Internal Server Error (or Server Error)
- The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
- Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
- Additionally, an error of type 500 was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
When this error occurs, the e-mail message is not sent out, however, the certificate is issued.
|Resolution||The two potential workarounds for this are either:|
1. Use a smaller e-mail message, or
2. Hard code the large e-mail message in the e-mail body in x-email-notice.xuda (in \Xcert\SentryCA\WebServer\x-templates) if the large e-mail message is always the same.
This issue is fixed in Sentry CA 3.7. The combined e-mail headers and message buffer may be up to 64K in Sentry CA 3.7.
|Legacy Article ID||a3723|