|Applies To||RSA Certificate Manager 6.7|
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0
|Issue||Steps to enable SSL on IIS 6.0|
|Resolution||Steps to Enable SSL:|
1) Open the IIS management console
2) Select the WebSite(OneStep) created. Right click on it to view its properties
3) In the Directory security tab, Click on the button 'Server Certificates' under Secure communications section to create a certificate Request
--> Set option as 'Create a new Certificate'
--> 'Prepare request now, send request later' will be selected by default
--> Enter description and Certificate request attributes
--> Save the request to a location
4) Submit the above generated PKCS#10 request through RCM enrollment server and Approve it through Admin console. Store the issued certificate with chain in a physical location.
5) Again click on the 'Server Certificate' button to install the certificate issued
--> 'Process the pending request' will be selected by default
--> Give the path of the certificate stored in step4
--> Input the SSL port number
--> Click on 'Finish'
6) Now Click on the 'Edit' button available under same section
7) Enable the checkbox labeled Require SSL
8) Click on 'OK' to apply the settings
|Legacy Article ID||a35976|