|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.2.1|
RSA ACE/Server Quick Admin
UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)
|Issue||How to add users with RSA ACE/Server 5.2.1 Quick Admin|
|Cause||RSA ACE/Server 5.2.1 Quick Admin does not have the "adding users" functionality available in version 5.2; this functionality was later added to RSA ACE/Server 5.2 Quick Admin, and was incorporated into RSA Authentication Manager version 6.1.1.|
|Resolution||This issue has been resolved in a hot fix for RSA ACE/Server 5.2.1. Contact RSA Security Customer Support to request hot fix B19679.|
You must have RSA ACE/Server 5.2 with patch 1 installed and running on your system. If you have not yet installed Quick Admin, use the included kit to do so. The kit includes the Quick Admin hot fix. For installation instructions, see either the RSA ACE/Server 5.2 for Windows Installation Guide or the RSA ACE/Server 5.2 for UNIX Installation Guide. If you already have Quick Admin installed, use the instructions below to install the Quick Admin hot fix.
Installing the Quick Admin Hot Fix
NOTE: If you have customized files, you must reproduce your customizations in the new files
NOTE: The Quick Admin hot fix consists of 2 archives. The first archive contains patch files for the RSA ACE/Server, and is specific to one operating system. Each archive is named according to the operating system that it patches: RFE_B19679_001_166_aix.tar.Z for AIX, RFE_B19679_001_166_sol.tar.Z for Solaris, RFE_B19679_001_166_hp.tar.Z for HP-UX, and RFE_B19679_001_166_win.zip for Microsoft Windows. The second archive contains patch files for Quick Admin, and is generic to all supported operating systems.
To install the Quick Admin hot fix, follow these instructions:
1. On the Quick Admin web server, place all .HTM and .HTML files in the <Jruninstallation-dir>/servers/default/quickadmin/ directory
2. Place all .JAR files in the <Jrun-installationdir>/servers/default/quickadmin/WEB-INF/lib/ directory
3. Back up your original quickadminconfig.properties file located in the <Jruninstallation-dir>/servers/default/WEB-INF/config/ directory and copy the kit version into that directory
4. Set the following keys in the kit version of quickadminconfig.properties. Refer to the original file for the appropriate values.
ACE_SERVER = The fully-qualified name of the RSA ACE/Server to which your Quick Admin system connects if no realm is supplied
ACE_IP = The IP address of the machine indicated in the ACE_SERVER field
5. On the Primary, perform the following steps:
- On Windows: Back up the sdcommd.exe, sdcommd_session.exe, and commands.conf files located in the \ace\prog\ directory and copy the kit versions into the directory
- On UNIX: Back up the sdcommd and commands.conf files located in the /ace/prog/ directory and copy the kit versions into the directory. Run sdsetup ?config using default answers for all the questions presented.
NOTE: If you customized commands.conf on either platform, you must reproduce your customizations
|Legacy Article ID||a30919|