|Applies To||RSA ClearTrust 5.5.3 DCOM API|
Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4
|Issue||How to set up RSA ClearTrust 5.5.3 DCOM API|
|Resolution||To set up RSA ClearTrust 5.5.3 DCOM API, first download the 5.5.3 DCOM package from RSA SecurCare Online. Extract the files onto your local machine. The default file structure includes folders contained within an "\sdk\dcom" root folder. There are 4 folders:|
and also it is bundled with a Readme.txt file.
1. Configure the \bin\ctdcom.bat script for your environment. Set MODE=NATIVE to MODE=DCOM. Set the CT_HOME variable value with the full path to your ClearTrust installation directory; by default, this is C:\PROGRA~1\RSA\CLEART~1.5
2. The ctdcom.bat script can be used to start the API application manually, or can install the API for execution as a Windows service at startup. This is done by passing -install to the script as an argument. You can remove the installed service by passing -uninstall to the script.
3. ASP users only: If you intend to call the DCOM API from ASP pages and the ASP virtual directory is set to be Pooled (the default), edit your COM Authentication Level as shown in the following steps:
- Navigate to Start Menu > Control Panel > double click Administrative Tools > double click Component Services
- Under Console Root, expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications
- Right click IIS Out-Of-Process Pooled Applications, then click Properties
- Click the Security tab
- In the Authentication Level For Calls box, select Connect (the default is Packet, which J-Integra does not currently support)
- Click OK
Start up the DCOM service and navigate to the \example folder. Double click the test.vbs file to confirm that it executes as expected.
|Legacy Article ID||a29664|