|Applies To||All UNIX platforms|
Error: "There is no connection to server database"
The databases appears to be running (via the ps -fe | fgrep ace) .
|Cause||This could occur if the user ID of the ACE/Server File Owner or the user who trying to access sdadmin is invalid. In particular, this can occur if the user has a user ID that is extremely high. See Progress Tech Support page : http://www.progress.com/services/support/cgi-bin/techweb-kbase.cgi/kbase3.w?Sol_Id=17822|
2. Check for File Owner
3. fgrep myusername /etc/passwd
myusername:x:65534:10:My ACE Admin:/ace/prog:/bin/sh
4. Ensure that myusername has a valid user ID (the third field).
5. Correct the user ID if it is in error.
6. ./sdsetup -config
7. Change the file owner to a user with a valid user ID.
8. ./aceserver stop
9. ./sdconnect stop or shutdown
10. ./sdconnect start
11. ./aceserver start
|Legacy Article ID||4.0.1153051.2430039|