|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server|
UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)
|Issue||Perform manual database load|
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
|Resolution||Perform the following steps:|
1. To load dump files (sdserv.dmp and sdlog.dmp), the user needs the license.rec file that accompanied that database to ensure the encryption will match. If a new license.rec file is present, back it up.
2. Create a new empty database (choose all), using .../opt/ace/prog/sdnewdb.
3. Move the sdserv.dmp, sdlog.dmp and license .rec files to the prog directory if not already there.
4. If the license files for the dump files is different, from the prog directory run: gensbkey ./license.rec ../data/license.rec
5. Run sdload with the -s and -l options to load the server and log databases
6. Start the broker and the sdadmin to see the database from the prog directory:
1. From the \Ace\data directory on the old ACE/Server, copy the files sdserv.dmp, sdlog.dmp, and license.rec. The license.rec file *must* accompany the dump files so that the encryption seed can be passed to the new server with the database.
2. Put the 3 files in a temporary directory. Make sure that all the ACE processes are stopped, (control panel ACE/Server applet).
3. Run sdnewdb to create new server and log databases.
4. Run sdload from the \Ace\prog directory.
5. Click on the server types that you are loading, (server and/or log). Click on 'server dump file has different license record'. Browse to the directory where the 3 files are located and specify that as the path. Click OK. This will load the dump files into the database.
6. Start ACE/Server from the control panel. Run Database Administration to confirm the database has been updated correctly.
|Legacy Article ID||1.0.343210.2181291|