|Applies To||RSA ACE/Server 5.0 (no longer supported as of 8-15-2004)|
UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)
|Issue||How to change the port designation for ACE/Server 5.0 Replica communications|
After entering the Replica Service Name the Service Port Number is left blank and there was no prompt to set the Service Port Number
After entering the Service Port Number the Replica Service Name is left blank
|Resolution||For proper operation only the Service Port Number must be filled in. To get around the problem, do not enter a Replica Service Name and instead only fill in the Service Port Number.|
You can request a hotfix from Customer Service for the problem. Here is the operation of "sdrepmgmt modify" with the hotfix in place:
1. Edit the /etc/services file and add the updated entries for the replication services (one entry for each replica)
2. Run "sdrepmgmt modify" from ace/prog
3. Enter the name of the system to be modified
4. At the "Replica Service Name" prompt, enter the name listed in the services file
5. The correct Service Port Number will be automatically added and there will be no prompt for it. If this is the case skip step 6.
6. If the Replica Service Name is not found in services, you will be prompted for Service Port Number. Enter the Service Port Number and the Replica Service Name will be automatically entered in the Replica Table. If the port is not listed in services the name will be left blank but the service will be operational.
|Legacy Article ID||a4434|