000021138 - How to request a change or transfer of RSA ACE/Server license or token ownership from one company A to B

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 16, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000021138
Applies ToRSA ACE/Server
RSA SecurID Software Token for Palm Handhelds
RSA SecurID Fob
RSA SecurID Pinpad
RSA SecurID Smart Card
RSA SecurID Standard Token
UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris)
Microsoft Windows
IssueHow to request a change or transfer of RSA ACE/Server license or token ownership from one company A to B
Resolution

Indemnification letter EXAMPLE template

RSA Security provides software and hardware products to enhance the security of your network. If you want RSA SECURITY to send seed records to either a new location or to someone other than the person who placed the order, your company must take responsibility for this change with respect to the handling and disposition of the seed records. Before we send seed records to this person or new location, we must have on file a letter accepting this responsibility.

Please write this letter on your company?s letterhead. Italics indicate information that you must supply.

For all North America, South America and People's Republic of China (Excluding Hong Kong) customers please send letter to: 

RSA Security Inc.
Attn:
Director, Operations and Manufacturing
174 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, MA 01730
U.S.A.

For customers in all other countries please send letter to:

RSA Security Ireland Limited
Attn:
Director, Operations and Manufacturing
Shannon, Co. Clare

Ireland

==========================

Dear : Director, Operations and Manufacturing

This letter authorizes RSA Security to send the seed records for the tokens listed below to name of person who is to receive the seed record, who is the person?s title and responsibility. In this capacity, Mr. or Ms. last name of the designated person assumes full responsibility for the proper and secure use and distribution of the seeds.

I am authorized on behalf of company name to give Mr. or Ms. last name of the designated person access to the following seed records:

List seed records, batch records, or locations (for example, Austin, TX, or Galesburg, IL.)

Mr. or Ms. last name of the designated person may be reached at telephone number and is located at address.

Company name agrees to indemnify and hold RSA SECURITY harmless from and against any claim resulting from the transfer of seed information in accordance with this letter dated today?s date. I am authorized on behalf of company name to provide RSA SECURITY with such indemnification. I may be reached at telephone number.

a) If this is a one-time request, add the following line: This is a one-time request.

b) If this letter is meant to cover future requests, add the following line: If at some point in the future Mr. or Ms. last name of the designated person is no longer authorized to receive seed information, I will notify RSA SECURITY in writing.

Sincerely,

Your name and title

Legacy Article IDa21180

Attachments

Outcomes