|Applies To||RSA ACE/Agent 5.0|
Microsoft Windows 2000
|Issue||How to install RSA ACE/Agent 5.0 on Microsoft Windows 2000|
Error: "Can't run 16-bit windows program"
Error: "Cannot find file D:\DOCUME~1\username\Local Settings\temp\pftD~tmp\SETUP.exe (or one of its components). Check to ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."
Error "Upgrade on Win2K not supported. Uninstall required. Aborting."
|Resolution||RSA ACE/Agent 5.0 can be installed on Microsoft Windows, but the above mentioned errors appear only during the installation on Windows. To correct this on the Windows machine, perform the following steps:|
1. Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Double click System > Click the Advanced tab > Click Environment variables > Select User variable > Select the variable named TEMP
a. Edit the value and change it C:\Temp
b. Edit the value of TMP and change it to C:\Temp
2. Create a Temp directory in C:\ . At a command prompt, type the following:
3. Log off and log in again
4. Install RSA ACE/Agent by clicking on Agent.exe. Note: If the installation is done on a machine running ACE/Server 5.0, an error may appear that reads "Upgrade on Win2K not supported. Uninstall required. Aborting." If this error appears, please contact RSA Technical Support immediately.
5. Select Local Access Authentication
6. You will be prompted for the path for the root certificate. Ignore the prompt for root certificate and click the button "Next".
7. You will be prompted for the path for configuration file. Provide the path for sdconf.rec. NOTE: The Network Access Authentication cannot be installed on Windows. If you choose to install Network Access Authentication (NAP) on Windows, the path for root certificate must be provided. The web access authentication component can be installed on NT and Windows 2000 web servers as well. Please see the ACE/Agent Admin.pdf for details on these subjects.
8. You will be prompted for Registration and a reboot. Both are optional.
|Legacy Article ID||a6673|